By using the Services, you hereby warrant and represent that you have read, understand and agree to all terms and conditions herein, including our Terms of Service. You further warrant and represent that you are giving LAMA Logistics permission to use and store such information consistent with this policy and our Terms of Service.
Links and Information– This website contains links to other websites. Please review Section 13 of our Terms of Service.
Information Received by LAMA Logistics:
Personal Information- LAMA Logistics collects personal information if you voluntarily choose to share such information. You may browse the Site without disclosing any personal information. However, to take advantage of particular opportunities provided through the Service, we may require that you furnish personal information. When you register your account, complete forms and through communications transmitted through the Services, we collect information including your name, company name, phone number (including to use to call or text you in order to provide the service) and email address. In the case of carriers, further information is required to be added to the platform, including, but not limited to, your CA or MC number, certificates of insurance, copy of ICC/DOT authority, W-9 forms, and safety documentation.
Usage Information- LAMA Logistics may use technologies that collect and store certain data about the use of the Service on an aggregate and/or anonymous basis. This information may be non-identifying or may be associated with you. Whenever we associate usage information with your personal information, we will treat it as personal information. In addition, tracking information is collected as you navigate through our Services, such as geographic areas. Vehicles with shipments being transported through the Services are tracked via GPS coordinates sent to our servers. We collect this information for various purposes, including to provide you with support, to notify carriers as soon as shipments are available nearby, to keep consignees informed of arrival times, to help dispatchers or shippers know where drivers are headed, to enhance our Services, and for our internal business purposes.
IP Address– LAMA Logistics and/or third parties with whom LAMA Logistics has contracted to provide services may collect your Internet Protocol Address (“IP Address”), which is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Site, along with the time of your
visit(s) and the pages you visited. We use IP Addresses to monitor locations from which Users navigate the Site and for fraud prevention.
Cookies and Other Technologies-
cookies. Cookies can be disabled by setting a preference within your web browser or on your device. If you disable cookies or Flash cookies on your device, you will not be able to use all portions or all functionalities of the Service.
We and our service providers may also use “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs,” or similar means in connection with the Service and HTML-formatted email. Web beacons or similar technologies help us better manage content on our Services by informing us what content is effective, count users of the Services, monitor how users navigate the Services, or count how many e-mails were actually opened.
We may require you to provide us with financial information, including billing name, address and credit card number (“Financial Information”). Only authorized LAMA Logistics staff have access to your personal information in its entirety. Other staff may have access to portions of this information if it pertains to their job duties. We use Financial Information solely as authorized by you in accordance with the Service.
How We Use Your Information
Our primary goal in collecting information is to provide you with an enhanced experience when using the Services.
LAMA Logistics uses Personal Information for the following general purposes:
- to provide, operate, maintain, and enhance our products and the Service;
- to provide you with information, administrative notices and communications relevant to your use our products and services;
- to process your registration with the Services, including verifying your information is active and valid;
- to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service, to address intellectual property infringement, defamation issues or privacy violations related to user content, or to send communications, updates, and promotions related to products and services;
- in the case of cookies and automatically-collected information, to personalize or customize our services (for example, with auto-population of sign-in fields), provide customized content and information, track your participation in any activities on the Service, and in the case of carriers and shippers, to track the location of shipments transported through the Service;
- for billing, identification and authentication, and fraud prevention;
- for internal business purposes;
- to analyze Site usage, improve our products and the Service, and develop new products, services, features and functionality;
- for troubleshooting problems, market research, and detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity;
- for distribution to carriers providing services through the LAMA Logistics platform or shippers receiving services through the LAMA Logistics platform;
- to conduct market research about the Service, and/or usage or Users of the service, including in order to market the Service; to help diagnose problems with our computer server, and to administer our web site(s);
- to enforce our Terms of Service; and as otherwise set forth in the Policy.
When We Disclose Your Information
We will not disclose your information to third parties without your consent, except as disclosed in this policy. We may disclose information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Any information you include in a publicly-accessible area of the Service, such as a public profile page, will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users.
- Third party carriers provide services through the LAMA Logistics platform, and third party shippers receive services through the LAMA Logistics platform. We may provide these carriers and shippers with access to user information, including Personal Information, only as necessary to carry out or receive the services being provided. These parties are bound by privacy restrictions at least as restrictive as those set forth in this policy.
- Third party service providers work on website or application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to and/or process your information, including Personal Information, in connection with providing these services. Such third party providers agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- We may share non-personally identifiable information, such as aggregated user statistics and log data, with third parties for business purposes.
- We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. Thus, we may access, use, preserve, transfer and disclose your information (including Personal Information) if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable laws in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies, or to protect the safety, rights and property of the Company, our Services or any third party. Such disclosures may be carried out without notice to you.
- User information, including Personal Information, may be disclosed and/or transferred to an acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- We also may disclose your information as may be described to you at the time the information is collected, or in any other manner to which you consent.
We do not sell, share, rent or trade the information we have collected about you, including Personal Information. We do not share your Personal Information with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless you consent to such sharing at the time you provide your Personal Information.
Although we ensure that our third party agents receiving your information are bound by privacy restrictions at least as restrictive as those set forth in this policy, LAMA Logistics is not responsible for any issues that may arise regarding the Privacy Policies of any such third parties. By using this website, you do hereby agree to hold LAMA Logistics harmless from any claims and/or damages that may arise from the actions of any third parties.
LAMA Logistics reserves the right to disclose Personal Information from both private and public areas of this website at our discretion, if required by law, in order to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process or if we are given reason to believe, in our sole discretion, that someone is causing injury to or interference with the rights of Users, the general public, or LAMA Logistics.
If you provide LAMA Logistics any feedback, suggestions, bug reports, system errors, and other information or ideas regarding the Service (“Feedback”), you hereby assign to LAMA Logistics all rights in the Feedback and agree that LAMA Logistics shall have the right to use such Feedback and related information in any manner it deems appropriate. Without limiting the foregoing, this assignment of rights applies to any testimonials you provide, and you hereby also grant LAMA Logistics the right to use your name in connection with sharing such testimonials with the public. LAMA Logistics will treat any feedback you provide to LAMA Logistics as non confidential and non-proprietary. You agree that you will not submit to LAMA Logistics any information or ideas that you consider to be confidential or proprietary. If you agree to participate in any case studies, you agree that information you provide in connection with the case study is deemed Feedback and that LAMA Logistics may use your name in connection with such Feedback.
You may decline to share certain personal information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Service.
You may opt-out of receiving email campaigns from us by unsubscribing from such emails. You may also remove your information from our database by contacting us at contact@LAMALogistics.com. If you receive unsolicited email from a LAMA Logistics domain, please contact us at unsubscribe at the bottom of the email, or ask to unsubscribe by emailing contact@LAMA Logistics.com. You may update or delete your profile and/or personal information information and preferences by contacting us at contact@LAMA Logistics.com.
Note that while changes you make will be updated in user databases within a reasonable period of time, to preserve the integrity of our databases, we may retain information submitted by Users for an indefinite length of time. If required by law, we will delete Personal Information by erasing it from our database.
LAMA Logistics’ Security of Collected Information
Your LAMA Logistics account is password-protected so that only you and authorized LAMA Logistics staff have access to your account information. In order to maintain this protection, do not give your password to anyone. Further, if someone who represents to you they are LAMA Logistics staff and asks for any personal account information, including password, check their URL to confirm it is a LAMA Logistics email address. Finally, if you share a computer, you should sign out of your LAMA Logistics account and close the browser window before someone else logs on.
We utilize many physical and technical safeguards to create and improve the integrity and security of your personally identifiable information. Further, only certain authorized LAMA Logistics staff can access Personal Information, and then only if it is relevant to their job duties. LAMA Logistics also has staff dedicated to ensuring the security of its platform. However, unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As such, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
While LAMA Logistics will use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of all credit card and all other personal information, we expressly disclaim any liability for any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal and/or financial information stored therein, and you agree to hold LAMA Logistics harmless for any damages that may result therefrom. LAMA Logistics expressly disclaims any liability that may arise should any other individuals obtain the information you submit to this website.
The Service is hosted in the United States and is intended for visitors located in the U.S. If you use the Service from other regions of the world with different governing laws, please note that you are transferring your personal information from those regions to the U.S. for storage and processing. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Service, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
Notification of Changes to this Policy
LAMA Logistics, Inc.
2161 Shattuck Ave. Ste 233
Berkeley, CA 94704